That was fast, all ready at 2.0.0. I usually update the major number whenever I add new features, and I have. But mostly, it went from 1.x.x to 2.0.0 because I have rewritten the SPF lookup.
Now, we recursively check the includes and count them as well towards the maximum DNS lookups of 10.
# Fresh install Install-Module CheckSec # Update existing installation Update-Module CheckSec
- Renamed cmdlet from Get-EmailDetail to Test-EmailSecurity
- Added Test-SpfRecord (documentation upcoming)
- Rewritten the SPF checking mechanism, now does recursive checks
- Added DKIM checking for ProtonMail
- Now DKIM checks for *outlook.com in SPF record as well as MX, to make sure it snaps up someone using Exchange Online with external spamfilters. Will be added for Google as well.